International Certification Regenerative Viticulture Alliance
What is RVA certification?
It is the highest standard for regenerative viticulture worldwide. We want to enable vine growers, producers, and consumers to create a better world through regenerative viticulture, an agricultural model that improves the health of vineyard soils and has a positive impact in terms of biodiversity, carbon sequestration, and water cycles in production areas.
What are the goals?
- To recognize the vine growers who use regenerative viticulture and demonstrate an improvement in the soils where the grapes are produced
- To certify the wines that come from regenerative vineyards and contribute to slowing down global warming
What does the certification standard include?
- Recommended regenerative viticulture practices that can be applied in the vineyard on two levels: Transition and Advanced
- Sampling system that enables demonstrating the positive effects of these practices on soil health
- Certification system that will support public recognition of the efforts made by vine growers and producers
How does certification work?
- International certification created by the Regenerative Viticulture Association, in cooperation with the Regenerative Viticulture Foundation
- Open to all vine growers and wine producers worldwide who apply the regenerative practices recommended in the standard
- Compliance with these practices verified by the independent international certification entity Ecocert
- Two levels of certification based on the level of implementation: RVA Certified and RVA Transition
- Valid for three years
- Continuous self-assessment through the app or website
- Pilot tests of the certification standard until December 2022 (only for Association members)
- Certification valid from January 2023
- Regenerative viticulture certification standard (available)
- Governance model (available)
- Fee and cost structure (available)
- List of sanctions (available)
- Regenerative viticulture system plan (available)
- Rules for using the certificate and seal (available soon)
- Procedure for the suspension and withdrawal of the certificate and/or seal (available)
- Procedure for taking samples for soil analysis (available soon)
- Certification app and website user manual (available soon)